Wednesday, June 19, 2013

2013 Garden

Perhaps you find it odd to not see or read anything about our garden.  To be honest, I've been a bit hesitant to divulge too much in that area due to .... time?  .... lack of interesting information? .....no pictures?  Or maybe just plain embarrassment!

I may have mentioned this in previous years, but here it is again:  I am not an avid gardener.  Our main passionate, skilled green thumbs are Bob and Elizabeth, both of whom are not available.  Hence, I am by default the current gardener.  Not a particularly comforting thought for Bob; however, he is grateful for what he can get.

I do have a plan.  I am trying to establish permanent garden beds and walk ways.  Our bed size is quite large so I quartered it.  Because the very long winter robbed me of extra preparation time, I was only able to get one of those quarters into rows.  And as usual when trying to establish something new, I think I'm on a huge learning curve.
I recycled brown grocery sacks and topped them with our own compost.  Then took more dirt from the walkways to build up each row.  That was manual labor which also explains why I only got 1/4 of the garden started into rows.

The whole garden is planted and currently showing lots of weeds as well as veggie plants.  Just use your imagination for that picture.  A green imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment